ARRL Field Day weekend has arrived!
Jun 27, 2014
I want to remind all participants to make every effort to avoid injury and other, more serious accidents.
Please be careful driving to and from your Field Day site. Please use caution when putting up antennas: avoid power lines, be careful with antenna launchers, and consider the need for gloves and hard hats. Bring plenty of insect repellent and sun block lotion. Donít forget to drink plenty of water! And finally, be careful when servicing or re-fueling your generators!
During your Field Day site meetings, please consider the need for any other safety precautions, which are unique to your operation.
I am looking forward to visiting Field Day sites in western NC! I will be starting in Murphy on Saturday morning. I am going to visit as many sites as possible considering the distances involved and the operating plans for the individual club efforts.
Karl Bowman, W4CHX
ARRL NC Section Manager
New North Carolina Section Manager
Feb 19, 2014
Effective Thursday, February 20th, Karl Bowman, W4CHX, takes over as ARRL NC Section Manager. We thank Bill, N2COP for his years of service and congratulate Karl on the new position.
2014 North Carolina QSO Party
Feb 19, 2014
Reminder! The 2014 North Carolina QSO Party, sponsored by the Raleigh
Amateur Radio Society, will be held on Sunday, February 23, 2014, from
1500z to 0100z (10:00 AM to 8:00 PM EST). For further information,
please see the NC QSO Party website,
TNX es 73
Bill Morine, N2COP
2013 NC Simulated Emergency Test (SET)
Oct 16, 2013
This is the initial information about the NC SET. This event will build-upon that of last year, in which we emphasized learning to use the Winlink email-via-HF Radio. Hopefully, you still dust that off and maintain your skills. This year we're going to use that again and we're going to add some additional Digital capability.
More information is posted at NCARES SET 2013.
NC ARES SEC
NC AUXCOMM Coordinator
Field Day 2013
Jun 18, 2013
Are you an officer or webmaster for a club or group sponsoring a Field Day open to the public? If so, help everyone out by:
- Use the ARRL Field Day Locator (http://www.arrl.org/field-day-locator).
- Put the location of your field day on the FRONT PAGE of your web site
- Include times that you expect to start setting up
- Also include good directions and the closest street address that you can provide for those with GPS's. The street address is the easiest way for many GPS to find your location.
- If you will be monitoring a repeater, include talk-in frequencies. If you do post a talk-in, be sure someone is monitoring.
- Include special details like is there a GOTA Station, a potluck? A "swimming hole"? Needs for items someone could bring? Someone to help with Girl Scout or Boy Scout badges?
- Put the same information on your club's Facebook page.
SKYWARN Spotter Training
Apr 18, 2013
Spotter training is available on April 23 and 30, 2013
SKYWARN Recognition Day 2012
Nov 27, 2012
The 2012 SKYWARN Recognition Day is December 1, 2012.
Announcement and Details (pdf)
Oct 27, 2012
The Tar Heel Emergency Nert is currnently in Standby Mode with the approach of tropical storm Sandy.
The primary net frequency is 3923 kHz; alternate is 7232 kHz.
See the THEN Page for more
Oct 27, 2012
At this time, Hurricane Sandy is not expected to affect the North Carolina communications infrastructure. The ARES officials are proactively in contact with our served agencies. There is currently no ARES activation expected.