North Carolina ARES
A Message to the NC AUXCOMM Community
The Coronavirus-19 (COVID-19) outbreak is causing considerable social and economic disruption around the world, as well as in the United States. Each new day brings reports of areas affected and additional persons positively diagnosed. A State of Emergency in North Carolina directed that public schools close for two weeks and that universities and community colleges switch to remote course delivery. Questions have been raised as to what Auxcomm is doing in response to this situation.
- There is no communications emergency and we have not been assigned a mission. All primary communications systems are operating properly.
- Each Auxcomm operator is advised to check their equipment and resolve any issues with batteries and antennas during this standby period.
- Each of us should avoid situations which would expose us and our families to the COVID-19 virus. Follow CDC Guidelines to avoid crowds greater than 50 persons and rigorously practice hand washing.
- Check on neighbors, particularly the elderly and those persons with compromised immune systems and chronic diseases; do what you can to insure that they continue to have adequate food and water.
- If you become aware of a critical shortage of food or fuel or an extended communications or power outage affecting your community, you should advise your County Emergency Management Agency and the undersigned
If there is a change in the tasking situation for Auxcomm personnel, you will be contacted. Meanwhile, make sure that all of your contact information in the Auxcomm database is correct.Tom Brown, N4TAB
North Carolina Emergency Management Areas
State of NC and ARES
Hover over county for name, branch, and division.
Click county to go to ARES County EC.
Click bullseye for map to Branch Office.
|Eastern Branch||Central Branch||Western Branch|
|ARES||NC Emergency Management||ARES||NC Emergency Management||ARES||NC Emergency Management|
|Area 1||Champion Cox, K2IUN||Brian Parnell||Area 6||Tom Hillery, KG4EDY||Tim Byers||Area 11||Jared Gohlke, N4JMG||Greg Atchley|
|Area 2||Vacant||Charles Tripp||Area 7||Chris Nighswonger, KU4DD||Alan Byrd||Area 12||Bob Rodgers, KC4TVO||Tiawana Ramsey|
|Area 3||Vacant||Melissa Greene||Area 8||Rhett Isley, KB4HG||Yancy King||Area 13||Ben Melvin, KM4C||Jeff Cardwell|
|Area 4||Jerry Jones, KF4ASE||Doug Haas||Area 9||Dal Williams, W4YQY||Dennis Hancock||Area 14||Steve Emery, N4SET||Jimmy Ramsey|
|Area 5||Vacant||Vacant||Area 10||Dwayne Ayers, N4MIO||Ricky Tuttle||Area 15||Duke Knief, W4DK||Danny Gee|