Posted Sep 7, 2022
September 6, 2022 – Special Edition
THIS WILL BE AN UNUSUALLY BRIEF NEWSLETTER WITH TIME-CRITICAL INFORMATION.
Greetings from the High Country. Boone appears to have survived having 40,168 fans at the ASU Football Stadium on Saturday and life is coming back to its normal crowded condition.
Important Information that you might need:
1. The ARRL Club Grant program first round awards have been announced and can be viewed at http://arrl.org/news/arrl-foundation-grants-270-000-to-amateur-radio-clubs . Congratulations to the Forsyth Amateur Radio Club which as one of 24 ARRL affiliated clubs across the United States that received a grant in Phase 1.
2. Clubs that want to apply for the second round of funding involving grants up to $25,000 can register for a webinar that will be held on Wednesday, September 7 at 7 pm. Advance registration for the webinar is required. Go to https://us06web.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_PezTqPKCTzuwy58FWWgJ3A .
3. The QSO Today Virtual Hamfest, which has generated a lot of interest in previous years, will be held next weekend, September 17-18 over the web. The hamfest involves speakers on a variety of topics and presentations by manufacturers on new products that will be coming out soon. Information about the QSO Today Virtual Hamfest can be found at https://www.qsotodayhamexpo.com/ .
4. The TAPR Digital Conference (in person) will be held in Charlotte next weekend at the Hilton Charlotte Airport Hotel on September r16-18. TAPR is the group that developed packet radio and carried forward a number of cutting edge digital projects. Information on the TAPR CHARLOTTE Conference can be found at https://tapr.org/conferences-2/dcc/ .
5. The Clingman Hamfest, sponsored by the Foothills Amateur Radio Club, will be held next Saturday, September 17 in Wilkes County at the Clingman Community Center, 3371 Clingman Road, Ronda,
6. Congratulations go out to the Shelby Amateur Radio Club for their success in holding the 65th Shelby Hamfest. Susan Melvin-Ledford, K4ZXN, Hamfest Chairperson, and the entire club did a great job. Those who missed it this year should mark their calendars for Labor Day weekend next year!