2013 NC Simulated Emergency Test (SET)
Oct 16, 2013
This is the initial information about the NC SET. This event will build-upon that of last year, in which we emphasized learning to use the Winlink email-via-HF Radio. Hopefully, you still dust that off and maintain your skills. This year we're going to use that again and we're going to add some additional Digital capability.
More information is posted at NCARES SET 2013.
NC ARES SEC
NC AUXCOMM Coordinator
Field Day 2013
Jun 18, 2013
Are you an officer or webmaster for a club or group sponsoring a Field Day open to the public? If so, help everyone out by:
- Use the ARRL Field Day Locator (http://www.arrl.org/field-day-locator).
- Put the location of your field day on the FRONT PAGE of your web site
- Include times that you expect to start setting up
- Also include good directions and the closest street address that you can provide for those with GPS's. The street address is the easiest way for many GPS to find your location.
- If you will be monitoring a repeater, include talk-in frequencies. If you do post a talk-in, be sure someone is monitoring.
- Include special details like is there a GOTA Station, a potluck? A "swimming hole"? Needs for items someone could bring? Someone to help with Girl Scout or Boy Scout badges?
- Put the same information on your club's Facebook page.
SKYWARN Spotter Training
Apr 18, 2013
Spotter training is available on April 23 and 30, 2013
SKYWARN Recognition Day 2012
Nov 27, 2012
The 2012 SKYWARN Recognition Day is December 1, 2012.
Announcement and Details (pdf)
Oct 27, 2012
The Tar Heel Emergency Nert is currnently in Standby Mode with the approach of tropical storm Sandy.
The primary net frequency is 3923 kHz; alternate is 7232 kHz.
See the THEN Page for more
Oct 27, 2012
At this time, Hurricane Sandy is not expected to affect the North Carolina communications infrastructure. The ARES officials are proactively in contact with our served agencies. There is currently no ARES activation expected.